Windows opening to the inside aka the German-type
Windows that open to the inside (the so-called “German-style”) are manufactured on the basis of German standards IV68 and 78 (jamb: 68x78 and 78x78) from dry three-lamin knot-free laminated pine. An aluminium profile protects the wooden jamb and frame of the wood-aluminium window from damaging weather conditions (such as rain, wind and sun). The windows are equipped with quality non-corrosive ROTO fittings. Tilt & turn windows have a standard two-point security fittings and micro-ventilation systems.
The number in the product’s name marks the thickness of the frame: the 68 mm window frame fits two-layered glass packets and the 78 mm window frame fits the three-layered glass-packets. These windows are extremely popular in Estonia due to their simple use and practicality. The German-style windows are increasingly used in the building of public and apartment buildings.
The Scandinavian Window wood-aluminium windows can be ordered in pine, meranti and oak timber. The finishing can be ordered as painted or ebonized (lasur paint). Wood-aluminium windows are completely covered on the outside with aluminium cover profiles (jamb width 76 mm or 86 mm). In addition, the wood-aluminium windows may have a different colour on the inside than they do on the outside. The colour tones of the aluminium profile are as per the RAL catalogue.
WOOD-ALUMINIUM WINDOW TYPE IV 68 and 78
- The wood-aluminium window has a single frame and tilts/opens to the inside.
- A three-layer laminated wood profile ensures the structure of the shape.
- Jamb and corner joints with dovetail joints.
- Covered with an aluminium profile on the outside.
- Two- and three-layer glass packets are used.
- The minimum measurements of the opening window are 500 x 500 mm.
- The minimum measurements of a non-opening window are 400 x 400 mm.
- The jamb, frame and impost are made from a three-layer laminated wood comprised of three wooden lamins.
- All of the wooden details are permeated with wood protection products.
- The humidity of the used wood is 10–14 %.
- The surface of the aluminium profiles is either anodised or powder painted.
- Colour tones can be chosen according to the RAL-catalogue.
- IV 68 uses two-layer and IV 78 three-layer glass packets in standard.
- Ecologically clean water-based colours and varnishes are used for finishing windows and doors
- We offer almost all the RAL colours.
- A window’s thermal conductivity remains between 1.2 and 1.5 W/m2K, according to the glass packet (see “Useful information” – Glass packets’ technical specifications).
- Noise or sound insulation is 30–34 dB, according to the glass packet (see “Useful information” – Glass packets’ technical specifications).